Ensure you do your Research
It is the dream of every parent especially a mother, to have the best child care facility or program for their children. In D-Bay, most of the caregivers understand how to promote health, growth, and development of the infants and toddlers at their centres. It’s obvious that your choice of a child care should be tailored at the welfare of your child and responsiveness to her or his need. Of course, your child needs a good place to rest, needs to be talked to and played with, needs attention as little as they are, and most importantly needs love.
There must be a comfortable and secure relationship with their caregiver to ensure they grow in all dimensions especially emotionally. Definitely, nothing good comes easy and hey, it’s the most important part of the life of your child you are dealing with. So you just have to be thorough. This article will give you 3 guidelines that you should always watch out for whenever you are finding a quality child care in Deception Bay whilst filming, not only in Deception Bay but in any other areas.
Priority #1: The Nature of the Caregiver
“The way you nurture a child is the way they grow”, this is proverb is very applicable within the first 7 years of a child’s life. The child forms their emotions and their attitude based on what they see, hear and reads in this first phase of their life. This is what they apply in the rest of their life and changing it is a hard task. This is where the caregiver of your child MUST possess the following traits:
- Loving and caring – they should cuddle, hug, enjoy the child, rock and try to attain eye contact
- Responsive – they must respond to the laugh, interests, and smile of your kid
- Sociable – must be able to help them build a relationship with others. For example, when changing diapers they should maybe comfort or sing the child into changing etc.
- Respectful to your kid – they must recognize the likes and dislikes of your kid
- Accommodating – they should be aware of the limitations and strengths of your kid and use them when they are planning for eating, playing and sleeping schedules.
- Must provide a child-friendly environment – the place should be tidy and well organized. It must have some things that will make your child always want to explore.
Priority #2: Child Care Program
The program should be characterised with professionalism. They should know how to nurture your kid throughout the learning curve of a child. That’s why before you make a choice, it’s important you visit and watch how they interact with the kids. You should ask them about their training in child development, whether they speak, sing or read to the children, do they ask children queries, do they have a daily schedule of activities, is the child allowed to sleep anytime as they wish, are toys well organized for the interest of each kid, do they respect diversity, can you drop anytime of the day, is the place well sanitised etc. You can ask as many questions as you want until you are satisfied.
Priority #3: Certifications and Licensing
D-Bay as part of Queensland State has its own laws concerning licensing requirements and therefore they should be able to tell you whether the program is licensed, whether the program and caregivers are accredited and certified by the state authorities, whether they have the required qualifications etc.
With the above, you will land into the best child care programme in Deception Bay.